We’ll be blasting you fortnightly Mint updates, along with industry insights and tons of inspiration for your next renovation project. Somehow, it’s March already, and if you’re anything like us you’ll be wondering where the time has gone. If you’d planned to have kick started your kitchen design by now but haven’t found the time, don’t sweat. Join us at one of our showrooms for a friendly, no obligation design consultation. It doesn’t matter where your head is at – we’re here to make you feel supported on your journey to your new kitchen, bathroom or laundry.
You might’ve spotted us on Facebook and Instagram already, but if you haven’t, we’d love you to stop by. If you’re posting yourself, jump on our hashtag, #MyMintKitchen, and join the conversation about all things kitchen design.
Top Trends of the Year
There’s some big design trends taking 2016 by storm, so if you’re looking for a little inspiration, you’re in the right place. Here’s some styles and themes to keep an eye out for this year:
- Warm metals are here to stay. The hype around copper and brass is certainly staying top-of-mind for smart kitchen designs, and give your interior a homely, rustic yet modern feel.
- Porcelain is proving to be a hot topic for kitchen design in 2016. Forged using the finest raw materials and industrial technology, the scratch resistant, lightweight material is available in an extensive range of finishes. Our Burnley showroom is now home to a stunning Neolith porcelain benchtop kitchen in a marble design – why not pop in and visit Frank and the team to explore the potential for porcelain in your kitchen?
- Comfy furniture is a key accessory trend this year. While some edgy kitchens often leave behind the element of homely comfort, the top styles this year are all paying homage to back support and usability – of course with a modern, stylish exterior!
- The ever-stylish neutral colour schemes are continuing to be a hit in 2016. Our Laminex swatches are a great place to start exploring neutral tones for your kitchen, and they’re available at all our showrooms for you to browse and take home.
- To our delight, Anne Ellard has dubbed fresh mint green the shade of 2016! Delicately quirky with a vintage flair, look out for mint green splashed across kitchen designs as an accent colour.